Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Can I kill you with my look?

Can I kill you with my look?

Courtesy of GIPHY


I do not think that I will ever fully understand the actions of other people. Every day I am bewildered at the strangest comments and actions of customers in a cafe. 

Today was no different! 

This morning a lady entered our Cafe with a large coffee from another coffee establishment and proceeded to hook up her laptop and make herself comfortable. We have a policy in our Cafe that we do not allow food or drink brought in from outside and in which we must enforce every day (it can get quite monotonous to keep up this policy) 

I went to the window where she was sitting on a bar stool and explained to her that she could not bring in a coffee from another coffee shop into our Cafe. (If looks could kill, I'd be dead at the moment) 

She explained to me, its almost finished, I will finish it and throw it out. 

I went on to tell her that she would have to go to the neighboring business if she wanted to continue to drink her coffee. She was not impressed!

She then said... ok, I will go and then come back. (another policy that we enforce is that if you are going to sit in our Cafe, you have to purchase something) only two policies to follow and you would that from those policies we are asking them to sign over their life. 

Ok, she got up and went to the till and purchased a juice box. A SMALL $1.50 JUICE BOX. 

REALLY ..... 

She continued to work on her laptop and make several phone calls for 5 hours in the cafe and all the time drinking a $1.50 juice box, and still holding onto the coffee that she brought into our cafe from another establishment. 

Where do people get off using the internet, plugging into the electricity and using that, and occupying my space for over 5 hours on a $1.50 children's boxed juice?? 

After several hours I went over to her and asked her if she had finished with her drinks ... she grunted!! 

WOW ... 

After the grunt and the look of disgust that I had actually had the guts to ask such an annoying question... she said yes, I finished my juice. No, I said... did you finish the coffee? (which she had sitting in clear view for everyone to see)

Yes, she said. 

Do you mind if I take the cup and throw it out?

She grunted again.

REALLY!!! 

She gave me the cup and I threw it out. 

Strange... why do people think that they can get away with things like this. Do people owe you a living? 


No comments:

Post a Comment