Sunday, March 25, 2018

I have a disease?



I have a disease?



Photo: Ramzi Hashisho in Freeimages.



As manager of a coffee and tea shop, we see a lot of things, good things that would make you proud and bad things that make you just scratch your head and wonder... why!!! 

This day was the same as any other day, a Mom and her daughter came into the neighboring business and spent some time in there and then they walked over to the Cafe. This is not the first time that I have met the Mother and Daughter, the Mother is actually quite nice to chat to but the Daughter is another story... she is a major handful with saucing the Mother, kicking the Mother, backtalking the Mother, kicking the furniture in the cafe, laying on the floors and rolling around in the cafe, and majorly acting like a child that suffers from ADD.
I am not an expert in ADD but I have seen a few children suffering from this awful disorder and it is very difficult for both the child and parent as well. 

IF this Daughter is not suffering from ADD then she is not well behaved and the Mothers parenting skills are non-existent (this can not be, the Mother seemed so nice to chat to)

As I said... I get verbal diarrhea a lot and out it comes... and this time was no different. I started to pick up some of the things around the table as the Mom said that they were going to leave, and I asked the Mom - Do you mind if I ask you a question? She said sure... what is it?

Me - Is your daughter sick? I mean, does she suffer (and looking for the word "disorder" and out of the mouth comes "DISEASE".  Does your daughter suffer from a "disease"? 

Mother - No, what do you mean?


Me - Looking down at daughter as her head was on the seat of the cafe chair and her body on the floor as she was stretched out under the table and kicked the chair opposite of her with her feet thinking to myself... there must be something wrong... can this actually be normal?? I mean - Does she have ADD or something like that?


Mother - No!

Daughter - Looking up at me with huge blue eyes stated ..... I HAVE A DISEASE!!! 


Me - I did all that I could do with my tongue not to laugh.. bit it, folded it, and even tried to look away... but I wanted to laugh with such a statement that comes out of the daughter's mouth and the look on her face.

Mother - to her daughter - Come on... let's go!!

So in the end... the problem was parenting skills or the lack thereof. How can parents be like this, or in better words, let their children act like this? 



No comments:

Post a Comment